[bip] [Fwd: Re: domain name for community site]

Chris Lasher chris.lasher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:10:57 PDT 2007

On 8/20/07, Brandon King <kingb at caltech.edu> wrote:
> [...]

We could do both: register the biologyinpython.org domain and set up
both the bio subdomain scipy and point both to the same server.

But I suppose the issue is, how does BiP officially resolve redundancy
in linking? (e.g., "Should I use bio.scipy.org or
biologyinpython.org?").

I like either, but at dinner with the man in charge of regular SciPy
releases now (I forget his name--he's at UC Berkeley; a little help
here, please), he requested that we contribute under SciPy. I think it
helps both projects, so my vote is also for bio.scipy.org.

Chris