[bip] [Fwd: Re: domain name for community site]

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Aug 22 08:10:03 PDT 2007

-> In any case, there are a decent number of people on the Biopython
-> mailing list interested in the same things that biology-in-python
-> is interested in, so sending a email that way would be friendly and
-> might bring in some good people.  I don't think there are any
-> staunch defenders of the faith.

I'm already chatting with two of the current main developers.

One thing that came across quite clearly at the BoF was that even if
many of us disliked what we'd see of BioPython, we didn't know what we
*did* want to do.  There were a lot of ideas flung about, though, and
hopefully they'll come up again in more concrete form.

For the moment I'd prefer to think about code snippets and tutorials and
getting some people involved in actually writing a bit of code.  At some
point something will coalesce, I'm guessing, and then we can discuss
melding it with BioPython, or releasing it as a series of small
projects, or ...

cheers,