[alife] First ISAL Summer School today!

Rene Doursat rpd47 at drexel.edu
Wed Jul 30 05:14:04 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Welcome to New York City for those of you attending the 14th Artificial Life conference! ( http://alife14.org )

In this email I wanted to draw your attention to the **First ISAL Summer School** taking place today at the SUNY Global Conference Center (ISAL is the International Society for Artificial Life: http://alife.org ).

We have a fantastic panel of 4 distinguished lecturers, who will give introductory & overview courses on the origins of Alife, unconventional computing, digital evolution, and evolutionary robotics. The curriculum overview is as follows:

9:00-10:20am Historical and Philosophical Perspectives on Artificial Life
Mark Bedau (Reed College, USA)

10:40am-12:00pm Unconventional Computing
Susan Stepney (University of York, UK)

1:00-2:20pm Digital Evolution
Charles Ofria (Michigan State University, USA)

2:40-4:00pm Evolutionary Developmental Robotics
Josh Bongard (University of Vermont, USA)

More at: http://blogs.cornell.edu/alife14nyc/first-isal-summer-school/

See you there!

Rene Doursat, ALIFE'14 Education Chair

======
Research Scientist, CNRS (UPS3674), BioEmergences Lab, Gif s/Yvette, France -
Research Scientist & Fmr. Director, Complex Systems Institute, Paris, France -
Co-Founder & Guest Lecturer, Complex Systems Master's, Ecole Polytechnique -
Officer (Secretary), Board of Directors, International Society for Artificial Life -

Web: http://doursat.free.fr -
email: rene.doursat at iscpif.fr -