[alife] Call for Papers: Paladyn. Journal of Behavioral Robotics

Andrzej Ruta / Versita aruta at versita.com
Wed Dec 16 15:21:54 PST 2009

CALL FOR PAPERS:

Paladyn. Journal of Behavioral Robotics
Versita, ISSN: 2080-9778
http://www.versita.com/science/engineering/paladyn/

Dear ALife subscriber,

I would like to kindly invite you to submit a manuscript to "Paladyn. Journal of Behavioral Robotics" – a new journal launched by Versita (http://www.versita.com).

Paladyn is a peer-reviewed, online only journal intended to serve as a premier source of knowledge and an exchange platform for all those interested or engaged in the emerging field of behavior-based robotics. The journal focuses on the original high-quality research results that cover such topics as: cognitive robotics, evolutionary robotics, robot swarms, robot control, learning and adaptation, human-robot interaction, artificial intelligence, machine vision and many more. Full Paladyn's scope, subject to constant changes, can be viewed at http://www.versita.com/science/engineering/paladyn/authors/aims_and_scope/ . In general, we will welcome good manuscripts whenever they present novel behavior-based or nature-inspired concepts, designs or applications of robots and other autonomous and intellligent systems. We are open to contributions from all over the world and we are ready to promote different viewpoints on robotics, regardless of the authors' research background, from robot engineers and computer scientists to physicists, biologists or psychologists.

Regarding the journal's organization, Paladyn will be published quarterly, with approximately ten papers per issue, depending on the manuscript inflow. Paper submission is handled online via Editorial Manager platform available at http://www.editorialmanager.com/paladyn/ . We already have the first submissions being processed in our system. The paper processing overview is given at http://www.versita.com/editool/em-review/ . The Editor-in-Chief of Paladyn is Prof. Raja Chatila, LAAS-CNRS, France. Our new publishing project is also supported by a professional team of Area Editors and a number of Editorial Advisory Board members - all being worldwide-recognized experts in their disciplines. For full list of names, please refer to http://www.versita.com/science/engineering/paladyn/editors/ .

As an author of Paladyn you can benefit from:

-  fast and constructive peer review (initial feedback within 3-4 weeks after submission),
-  international range of the journal,
-  convenient, web-based paper submission system – Editorial Manager,
-  high-quality electronic publication technology based on Metapress platform,
-  extensive promotion of each published article to hundreds of researchers working in the same field,
-  free language-correction services for non-English-speaking authors of accepted papers,
-  no publication charge.

We look forward to your manuscripts!

You may also want to consider joining our editorial team. We are currently looking for a few more Editorial Advisory Board members to give us occasional advice on the strategic issues regarding the journal and to promote it in the robotics community, i.e. recommend it to colleagues, PhD students, librarians etc. Also, we would like to invite several new editors to cover selected topics related to behavioral robotics, especially artificial life, developmental robotics, assistive robotics, intelligent control, computer-brain interfaces, cybernetics and machine learning. If you have substantial research experience, achievements, and a long record of publications in any of these areas, you are welcome to send your application to the Managing Editor at aruta at versita.com.

Sincerely yours,

Andrzej Ruta, Ph.D.
Managing Editor
aruta at versita.com