[twill] Using twill's builtin mechanize distribution throws AttributeError on _debug?

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sun Sep 4 14:47:03 PDT 2011

That line hasn't been there in mechanize since 2008 -- back then it knew
much more about Python than it does now.  I'd guess that code worked with
versions of Python that had been released at that time.  Now it's based on
a fork of urllib2, so is less fragile to changes in Python.

I guess neither of us (me nor Titus) spend much time on this stuff these
days.  Certainly mechanize is not dead but certainly resting pretty hard
-- but still, it's seen a fair amount of change since 2008.  Speaking for
myself more than Titus of course...

John