[twill] meta http-equiv refresh content syntax

Jonathan Rogers jrogers at socialserve.com
Wed Oct 5 12:49:28 PDT 2011

I have removed Twill's ancient copy of mechanize and made it work with a
regular, current distribution. One test currently fails because of a
disagreement about how to interpret the content attribute of a meta
http-equiv="refresh" element:

The test script (test-equiv-refresh.twill) expects the above to cause a
load of "/login". It seems that's what the ancient internal version of
mechanize did, but a current version tries to load "URL=/login" which
results in a 404. This is exactly the same behavior I get in Firefox,
Chromium, and Epiphany.

If the test is correct and typical browsers are not, what's the real
authority? I'm having trouble even finding a formal definition of the
syntax the content attribute is supposed to have.

--
Jonathan Ross Rogers