[twill] Cleaning stuff up after running twill script

Ethan Jucovy ethan.jucovy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:16:41 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Christoph Zwerschke <cito at online.de> wrote:

> Am 22.01.2011 22:42 schrieb Ethan Jucovy:
>
>  You should take a look at flunc, a test runner that uses twill scripts
>> for tests, and includes this cleanup feature:
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/flunc
>>

> Nice, was not aware this existed, need to check it out. Found two broken
> links yesterday, but seems you already fixed them :) There is still a broken
> link to TestGen4Web on http://pypi.python.org/pypi/flunc/0.7. Can you fix
> that, too? Also, links to the PyPI pages for flunc and fluncrunner on the
> Flunc homepage would be helpful.

Whoops, the TestGen4Web link on the PyPI page is now fixed.  Thanks for
pointing that out - let me know if you find any other broken links.  And I
added the PyPI link on the project homepage.

Fluncrunner (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/fluncrunner) is an experimental
wrapper for running flunc tests through the web -- experimental meaning it
works, but the docs are probably outdated, it may not be secure and it's
probably inefficient.  I wrote it with dreams of a sort of mini-CMS for
suites of twill scripts: users uploading flunc test suites to automate their
common tasks on the web, webhooks triggering scripts based on the results of
other scripts, stuff like that.  Unfortunately most public websites don't
have stable enough HTML "API"s for this to be useful :( but maybe for narrow
targets it would still be useful.

the github mirror (https://github.com/socialplanning/flunc) - we've never
done much to publicize the project, but it's stable and useful if you're
already sold on using twill scripts for your test suites (which I am).

-Ethan