[twill] A rookie question about twill?

Adam Victor Nazareth Brandizzi brandizzi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 07:45:41 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:40 AM, Liang Wang <liangw.wang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi, Liang!

> I am new to this mail list. Hopefully my question is appropriate.
> I have some trouble trying to log-in the following website:
>> go https://www.traderydex.com/login/index.rails
>> showforms
> It didn't show all the fields -- especially "UserId" and "Password".
>> fv 1 UserId guest
> ERROR: no field matches "UserId"
> Thanks for your help

I am not sure but I would bet the problem is that this page is
declared as XHTML 1.0 Transitional

but its content is in no way a valid XHTML document, as you can se
here: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.traderydex.com%2Flogin%2Findex.rails&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.2

Maybe - just maybe - it is confusing the twill parser. Would it be
possible to correct the code of the page?

Good luck!

--
Adam Victor Nazareth Brandizzi
http://brandizzi.googlepages.com/