[twill] Limit for HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH reloads

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Mon May 10 12:17:11 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:03:58PM +0200, ap2003 at libero.it wrote:
> I'm trying to use twill to automate part of the Drupal installation.
>
> The installation page refreshes itself automatically to show progress. Unfortunately, it seems this confuses twill since twill believes it's entering an infinite loop.
>
> I read that twill behaves this way after 5 redirections to the same page. How can I raise the limit so that I will be able to finish the installation properly?
>
> The suggested workaround "Try turning off acknowledge_equiv_refresh..." doesn't work for me, since the installation gets stuck.

Hi Andrea,

that's a tough situation to generalize from, at the moment.  The equiv-refresh
behavior in twill is not great, and so there aren't so many built-in options.
You could do something like exit after the first equiv-refresh, and then
sleep for some time and then call an explicit reload once you think the
job is complete.

best,
--titus