[twill] Limit for HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH reloads

ap2003 at libero.it ap2003 at libero.it
Mon May 10 03:03:58 PDT 2010

I'm trying to use twill to automate part of the Drupal installation.

The installation page refreshes itself automatically to show progress. Unfortunately, it seems this confuses twill since twill believes it's entering an infinite loop.

I read that twill behaves this way after 5 redirections to the same page. How can I raise the limit so that I will be able to finish the installation properly?

The suggested workaround "Try turning off acknowledge_equiv_refresh..." doesn't work for me, since the installation gets stuck.

Here the log:

==> at http://.../install.php?locale=&profile=prof
>> submit
Note: submit is using submit button: name="op", value="Save and continue"

Following HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH to http://.../install.php?locale=&profile=prof&id=2&op=do_nojs
Following HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH to http://.../install.php?locale=&profile=prof&id=2&op=do_nojs
Following HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH to http://.../install.php?locale=&profile=prof&id=2&op=do_nojs
Following HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH to http://.../install.php?locale=&profile=prof&id=2&op=do_nojs
Following HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH to http://.../install.php?locale=&profile=prof&id=2&op=do_nojs

ERROR: infinite refresh loop discovered; aborting.
Try turning off acknowledge_equiv_refresh...

current page:  *empty page*

Thanks,
Andrea.