[twill] parse_keqv_list not imported, bypass proxy for local addresses

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Thu Mar 25 07:28:37 PDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 03:24:12AM +0100, Marco De Paoli wrote:

> > mechanize is hard included in twill, what's the best way to incorporate
> >> mechanize upgrades?
> >>

> > Preferred method is to ask Titus to do it ;-)
> >

> Please, Titus... ;-)

Can't promise anything.  twill stuff has been at the mid-level TODO in
my inbox for the last 3 months.

> but, why twill doesn't have a package dependency on mechanize?
> easy_install would do the hard work...

I think this needs to be a FAQ...

 - easy_install doesn't work for a significant group of people and I like
   twill to Just Work

 - mechanize occasionally breaks stuff in twill (not mechanize's fault,
   necessarily, just a fact of life from monkeypatching)

 - if you have the expertise to explain that I should be using setuptools
   you have the expertise to upgrade mechanize-in-twill and run the tests
   yourself ;)

cheers,