[twill] Twill and HTTP headers

Kevin Boers KBoers at leapfrogonline.com
Mon Jun 7 15:12:04 PDT 2010

Hi, Mike,

It's pretty easy to print the response headers using the info() method:

>>> import twill.commands as twill
>>> twill.go('http://path/to/json_file.json')
>>> twill.info<http://twill.info>()

Page information:
HTTP code: 200
Content type: application/json; charset=utf-8
It's not super straightforward, but you can also grab the response headers from the browser object as well (for example, if you want to assert against them):

>>> b = twill.get_browser()
>>> b._browser._response.info().getheaders("content-type")
['application/json; charset=utf-8']

Does that help?

Cheers,
Kevin