[twill] Is Twill a suitable tool to test my custom web application?

Arun Karuppiah arun1152 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 11:39:58 PST 2010

Dear Fellow Twill Users

I am new to Twill and I was thinking along the lines of using Twill along
with Selenium to do the functional regression testing of my application. My
web application is developed using Google's GWT and JavaScript.

The URL of my web application is http://66.56.54.158:8080/m2r.2. Twill
successfully manages to go to this web page but when I tried the "showforms"
command it returns nothing. This is unlike other public websites like Google
where the showforms command displays the components of the web form.

Please let me know if Twill is capable of testing my custom web application
... if Twill currently does not have the capability for testing my custom
web application please suggest alternative open source tools which I can use
to test my web application.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience in answering my questions.

--
Best Regards

Arun Karuppiah

678-642-3688(Cell)