[twill] Is twill up to date?

Howard B. Golden hgolden at socal.rr.com
Thu Feb 11 12:01:16 PST 2010

Hi Maxim,

On Thursday February 11, 2010, Максим Lacrima wrote:

> I want to test my web application with twill, but it seems that twill
>  is not maintained. The latest release was at December 27th, 2007,
>  i.e. more than two years ago.

From my experience, twill is actively supported by Titus Brown. twill is
based on mechanize, which is also actively supported by John J. Lee.

Help in using twill is regularly available on this list.

> So there is little possibility that we will see new features and
>  support for Python 3 in future.

Generally, you should feel free to request new features. Someone might
implement them for you. Even better, implement them and propose patches.
(This is the open source model.)

> Should I use it or there are other tools available for the same task
>  (web application testing)?

It's very good for what it does. I'm quite happy with it. I haven't
looked for other packages.

Cheers,

Howard