No subject

Sat Apr 24 01:15:04 PDT 2010

ow how I'd replicate this in Python.

=20

From: kronfilter at hotmail.com
To: twill at lists.idyll.org
Date: Sat=2C 24 Apr 2010 19:37:57 +0000
Subject: [twill] Twill Scripting Limitations?

We need to perform a number of synthetic transactions. =20

don't know if I just fail at using Twill or what but I'm having a great
deal of difficulty with the first two pages I'm trying to create
scripts for.

 Example 1:

 www.blah.com
pops up a disclaimer when first visited in a browser.  Hit OK to force
disclaimer to go away.  There is a userID field=2C password field and
domain selection field with a dropdown of 10 or so domains.  There is a
single submission button on the page.

 Script looks like this:

 go www.blah.com
fv 3 in_tx_username whoamI
fv 3 in_pw_userpass idunno!
fv 3 in_domain DOMAIN
submit

=20
 After
submitting=2C another showforms shows you the same forms and you have not
been forwarded to the "home page" as you would have been forwarded to
if you'd used a browser.  If you try to go www.blah.com/homepage - it
says that you're there but a showforms reveals the same forms on the
initial www.blah.com page=2C which are not correct=2C meaning you haven't
actually authenticated successfully.

 Example 2:

synthetic transaction against a Sharepoint page.  Upon trying to visit
the webpage in a browser=2C you're presented with a Window'd login box.=20
Is there any way for twill to actually respond to that?  Trying to
visit the webpage via twill results in a timeout. Perhaps this is where
the authentication realms come into play but I've not been able to
succeed in using them.

 Thanks.=20

The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with H=
otmail. Get busy. 		 	   		 =20
Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your =
inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=3DPID28326::T:WLMTAGL:O=
N:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2=

--_dc23dc4b-cfeb-45ce-8b2a-2fb7666d273f_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
The&nbsp=3BdoLogin() function that the "in_bu_Login" of type button (JavaSc=
ript) is trying to execute is as follows:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR><PRE id=3Dline1>function doLogin()
{
    var persistInfo =3D true=3B
    var cb =3D getRememberCheckbox()=3B
    if (!persistInfo || !cb || !cb.checked)
    {
        deleteLoginInfo()=3B
    }
    else
    {
        var userName =3D ''=3B
        var usr =3D getUserTextbox()=3B
        if (usr) { userName =3D usr.value=3B }
        var authSource =3D 0=3B
        var sel =3D getAutoSourceSelect()=3B
        if (sel) { authSource =3D sel.selectedIndex=3B }
        storeLoginInfo(userName=2CauthSource)=3B
    }
    var loginForm =3D document.lform=3B
    var hiddenLogin =3D loginForm.in_hi_dologin=3B
    hiddenLogin.value =3D 'true'=3B
    loginForm.submit()=3B
}
</PRE>