[twill] Twill Scripting Limitations?

kron filter kronfilter at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 24 12:37:57 PDT 2010

We need to perform a number of synthetic transactions.

don't know if I just fail at using Twill or what but I'm having a great
deal of difficulty with the first two pages I'm trying to create
scripts for.
 Example 1:
 www.blah.com
pops up a disclaimer when first visited in a browser.  Hit OK to force
disclaimer to go away.  There is a userID field, password field and
domain selection field with a dropdown of 10 or so domains.  There is a
single submission button on the page.
 Script looks like this:
 go www.blah.com
fv 3 in_tx_username whoamI
fv 3 in_pw_userpass idunno!
fv 3 in_domain DOMAIN
submit
  After
submitting, another showforms shows you the same forms and you have not
been forwarded to the "home page" as you would have been forwarded to
if you'd used a browser.  If you try to go www.blah.com/homepage - it
says that you're there but a showforms reveals the same forms on the
initial www.blah.com page, which are not correct, meaning you haven't
actually authenticated successfully.
 Example 2:
synthetic transaction against a Sharepoint page.  Upon trying to visit
the webpage in a browser, you're presented with a Window'd login box.
Is there any way for twill to actually respond to that?  Trying to
visit the webpage via twill results in a timeout. Perhaps this is where
the authentication realms come into play but I've not been able to
succeed in using them.
 Thanks.