[twill] Downloading a binary file

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Sep 6 17:51:42 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 10:10:59AM -0400, Jamal Mazrui wrote:
-> Awesome, that worked -- thanks, Titus!  By the way, I have researched
-> similar libraries in Python, Ruby, AutoIt, JavaScript, and .NET, and
-> found nothing currently comparable to twill in terms of the combination
-> of power and friendliness.

Hi Jamal,

I'm actually kind of sorry to hear that.  One reason I keep on working
on my own damn software tools is that the other ones are hard to use,
poorly documented or written, or don't meet my (often very simple) use
cases.   I'd kind of hoped that something better than twill would exist
elsewhere so that I could either move to it or steal some ideas.  Alas.

:)

In any case, you are welcome!

cheers,
--titus