[twill] Synthetic web transactions

Terry Peppers peppers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:33:59 PDT 2009

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 04:59:53PM -0000, Jim Tambling wrote:
>> I am trying to create a twill script to monitor synthetic web
>> transactions on a website. The problem I have is there is a disclaimer
>> page in between 2 of the pages that I have to go through and I can't
>> 'see' that page anywhere with showlinks, I tried using TestGen4Web to
>> record the actions but it won't see the page either.

Jim,

Did you give Selenium a shot? I'm curious, like Titus, as to what
could be causing that. On the surface, I would guess like Titus has
that frames and/or JavaScript is in action. I'm asking about Selenium
because since it's an actual client, that it might be able to help you
get to the bottom of what's happening and give the list ideas as how
to - maybe - work around the issue.