[twill] Submitting a Form that Isn't Present on the Page

im me amilli88 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 07:20:28 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I am dealing with a page that has uses javascript to submit a form after a
redirect. I have figured out what the javascript does and where it submits
the information, however since there is no form on the page, there is no way
post the data using twill.

I have found out how to post data manually using urllib and urllib2 here:

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles/urllib2.shtml

The problem is, if I use urllib2, I no longer have twill managing my cookies
and session.

So, my question: Is there a way to submit the data while having twill manage
my cookies and session?

Thanks.