[twill] [kamil.dworakowski at resolversystems.com: twill bug - twill doesnt like <br/>]

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Mar 15 18:09:24 PDT 2009

----- Forwarded message from Kamil Dworakowski <kamil.dworakowski at resolversystems.com> -----

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:28:39 +0000
From: Kamil Dworakowski <kamil.dworakowski at resolversystems.com>
To: titus at idyll.org
Subject: twill bug - twill doesnt like <br/>

Hi, we are using twill-0.9-py for testing django applications. We came
across this bug this afternoon, my colleague said he has stubled upon it
some time ago too. It is basically a problem with parsing <br/> as
opposed to <br />.

We were getting a GET request without any parameters instead of POST
with expected parameters. It started working as expected as soon as we
replaced <br/> with <br />. Here is a fragment of the template for the page.

      <form method="POST" action="{% url purchase %}">
          {% for feature, count in allFeatures %}
value="{{count}}" size="1" /></td>
          {% endfor %}
          <input type="image" src="/images/buy-commercial.png" alt="Buy
Resolver One" name="buy" id="buy-commercial" />
      </form>

----- End forwarded message -----

C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu