[twill] twill history saves passwords

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Feb 22 07:20:15 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 04:11:18PM +0100, Robin Palotai wrote:
-> I'm ok to go with any option, just make sure to put it a well
-> noticeable place in the docs. I just incidentally spotted the
-> .twill_history file. Maybe the default should be to not save history
-> at all?

Hi Robin,

the logic behind saving history -- which I'm happy to change, but I
wanted to tell you why -- is that twill was designed primarily as a tool
for Web testing.  I think that a lot of people use it for Web scraping
and automation, though.

Maybe I should set up "modes", like "test mode" and "live mode", that
come with a particular set of config settings.  Or maybe that's
overkill...

cheers,