[twill] twill history saves passwords

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Feb 22 06:33:50 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:15:11AM +0100, Robin Palotai wrote:
-> I would like to comment on twill, which is a very useful program indeed.
-> When using twill-sh, it saves form passwords in the twill history. I
-> think that password type input fields should not save the submitted
-> values in the history.

hi, Robin,

what's actually happening is that the entire command is being saved in
the history, right?  Hmm.  Would being able to turn off history logging
solve the problem at an OK level?

I suspect that putting in code to block logging of password-field
'fv' commands would be a bit ugly, so I'm hesitant to do it...

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu