[twill] authentication problem

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Fri Apr 17 12:27:18 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 08:22:38AM -0700, Tennis Smith wrote:
-> Grrrr... it turns out the auth process is putting up a separate window with
-> userid/password fields in it.
->
-> Can twill deal w/that?

Hey Tennis,

is it doing that with JavaScript or with browser authentication, do you
know?

cheers,
--titus

-> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM, James Cameron <james.cameron at hp.com> wrote:
->
-> > On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 05:16:00PM -0700, Tennis Smith wrote:
-> > >    Yes, I have to fill in a form.  Can you point me to an example of how
-> > >    to do that? THanks. :)
-> >
-> > Sure.
-> >
-> > My internet service provider has a web page to tell me the current
-> > usage, and it works by prompting in a form, then issuing a cookie that
-> > is used to validate further requests.
-> >
-> > For this I used twill-sh in a shell script as follows:
-> >
-> > twill-sh <<EOF >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
-> > go https://example.com/usage/daily/
-> > fv Login username quozl
-> > fv Login password qwertyuiop
-> > submit
-> > save_html /var/tmp/usage.html
-> > EOF
-> >
-> > The remains of my script processed the usage.html file to get the byte
-> > counts.
-> >
-> > --
-> > James Cameron