[twill] read unicode form result

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Tue Jul 15 07:34:57 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 08:42:07PM +1000, Mark Wright wrote:
-> Twill, mechanize, Beatiful Soup and Python are really neat.
-> It is really easy to write twill programs to test web
-> applications.  I have a problem trying to read unicode.
-> I wrote a little program included below.  It works fine
-> if I change the "en_zh" to "en_de", then the result is
-> in german.  I was wondering if there is some way to
-> persuade it to read unicode?

Hi, Mark, I'm afraid I'm at a complete loss when it comes to unicode.
This may not be very helpful, therefore...

...but can you use mechanize directly to read the site?  If so, then I
should be able to fix twill.  If not, then mechanize unicode support is
needed.

best,