[twill] Problem with login form

Adam Byrtek adambyrtek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 15:45:36 PDT 2008

Thanks for Twill, this is a really useful tool. Unfortunately I'm
having problems with it that are actually quite puzzling to me.

I've created a simple Twill script that simply visits some URL and
fills a form with login and password, nothing fancy. It works
perfectly fine on my laptop with Mac OS X, but when I upload the same
script to a Debian Sarge machine with the same version of Twill
installed strange things happen. When I run the script using twill-sh
or twill-fork the following error occurs:

   ERROR: no field matches "login"

When I try showforms command only two form fields are visible (one
hidden field and one submit button), even though the same command on
the same URL shows four fields on my Mac. The inputs are visible when
I invoke show, moreover the page passes W3C Validator.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Adam

PS. Just as a side-note, I find it really annoying that twill-sh
leaves .twill-history files in the current directory, is it on
purpose? Most of shell tools I know create such file in the home
directory. If the author has nothing against I'm willing to submit a
patch for this.

--
Adam Byrtek | Alpha
http://www.adambyrtek.net