[twill] wsgi_intercept, https and twill

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 16:49:53 PST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 7:02 PM, Titus Brown <titus at caltech.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 11:32:44AM +1100, Robert Leftwich wrote:
> -> I'm using wsgi_intercept to do some in-process twill testing of a pylons
> -> app. Everything is working fine, except when testing any process flow
> -> that results in internal https links (e.g. signin, password changing,
> -> account management etc). A quick look at the code suggests that the
> -> PatchedMechanizeBrowser does not support https, but I thought I'd check
> -> with the list to see if I'm on the right track and if someone else has
> -> tackled this?
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> mechanize and twill both handle https; the problem almost certainly lies
> within wsgi_intercept.  I'm not sure how to patch it to support https,
> or even what would be required or if it's possible.  Kumar?

Hi all

[hey Robert, I know you ;)]

This was a pretty nasty bug, thanks for the discovery.  It actually
applied to all intercepts except zope.testbrowser so I added failing
tests and applied fixes to all (mostly it was just that the https
scheme wasn't getting registered).  I pushed them all out in a 0.3.3
release a few minutes ago.  You can grab the update with easy_install
-U wsgi_intercept, however, you will probably need to change your
imports ...

from twill import wsgi_intercept

changes to

import wsgi_intercept

Also, it's possible some subpackage paths have changed if you were
using the twill version.  See http://code.google.com/p/wsgi-intercept/
for working examples or let me know if you run into some
incompatibility.

-Kumar