[twill] check_links

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Jan 4 01:07:21 PST 2008

->
-> [snip]
-> Could not follow 4 links
->         http://www.linadd.org/login
->         http://www.linadd.org/wiki/BluePrint#Monitor
->         http://www.linadd.org/wiki/SugarCRM#Synchronization
->         http://www.linadd.org/wiki/OTRS#Configuration
->
-> Oops!  Twill assertion error on line 3 of 'linadd.org.twill' while executing
->   >> check_links www\.linadd\.org

[ ... ]

-> Testing the above reported broken links using...
->
-> go http://www.linadd.org/wiki/BluePrint#Monitor
-> go http://www.linadd.org/wiki/SugarCRM#Synchronization
-> go http://www.linadd.org/wiki/OTRS#Configuration
->
-> ...results in...

[ ... ]

-> 1 of 1 files SUCCEEDED.
->
-> ...and I have no idea why.
->
-> Any ideas?

Hey Lars,

No solid ideas as to why it's happening, but I've narrowed it down to
the different between following a link and using 'go'; see
twill/extensions/check_links.py, line 118.  If you change that line to
'browser.go(link.absolute_url)' it will work.

That is, it's most likely a mechanize bug.

I haven't updated the version of mechanize distributed with twill
recently; when I do so next, I'll try this out and if it's still broken
I'll look into it deeper.

cheers,