[twill] Problems logging into an .ASP page

Nat Williams nwilliams at leapfrogonline.com
Mon Dec 15 07:36:20 PST 2008

On 12/13/08 2:18 PM, "Dave Strohschein" <strohsch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>   I'm new to TWILL and to this forum, but I hope someone can help me.
> BACKGROUND:  I am in the Civil Air Patrol and I am trying to download weekly
> updates (using TWILL) of member status.
> The webpage that I am trying to log into is
> https://wmu.nat.cap.gov/Login.asp?.
> I start up Twill within the Python IDLE and use the following commands and
> obtain the included results (shown below '--------------------').
> I store my username and password in the values: CAPIDbox and Textbox1,
> respectively.
> Then I try to "submit" using Button3.
>
> The problem is shown at the end after I try to submit. I get the following
> error:
>
> ERROR: IgnoreControl instance has no attribute '_click'
> current page: https://wmu.nat.cap.gov/Login.asp?
>
> NOTE: I have logged into this page manually repeated times via an actual
> browser.
>
> So what do I need to do to login?????
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
> Dave
> strohsch at gmail.com

Dave,

Try just using submit without specifying 'Button3'.  The submit command will
remember what form you've been filling out, and gets a little cranky when
you try to be explicit.

Nat

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
The document(s) accompanying this e-mail transmission, if any, and the e-mail transmittal message containing information from Leapfrog Online Customer Acquisition, LLC is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named on this e-mail transmission message. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately delete this e-mail and notify us by telephone of the error.