[twill] Selecting/Clicking button

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Sep 27 11:40:27 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 08:33:15PM +0200, Mayank Joshi wrote:
-> I have a form which can be submitted by clicking on the input field described below
->
-> <TD colspan="2" align="center"><INPUT name="buttonTest" onclick="checkSubmit();" type="button" value="Test API Now!" style="WIDTH: 100%" class="button"></TD>
->
-> I have spend time on the list looking for a solution, but none of them tend to work. When I submit the form without selecting the button, I get an application exception. How can I select the button and click on it ?

Hi, Mayank,

you need to look at the onclick function, checkSubmit(), which is
submitting more than the values in this form, I'd guess.  Another option
would be to use something like scotch [0] to watch the HTTP traffic as
it goes to and from the site; that would tell you what more you need to
add to your submit parameter.

cheers,
--titus

[0] http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/scotch/