[twill] need general help with "nested selects" error

Rusty Wilson rustyw007 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 18:52:37 PDT 2007

after more troubleshooting i've discovered that simply doing a "showforms" on many of the pages with forms returns:

ERROR: nested SELECTs

I've noted that the pages I'm hitting have a LOT of javascript in them, and some form elements are embedded in this javascript. I'm now working under the assumption that this is the core of the issue (form elements in javascript throwing off the parser causing the page to appear mal-formed, but it isn't).

If I'm barking up the wrong tree and overcomplicating this - someone please stop me. :)

--Rusty