[twill] Twill with Proxy Server

PAPPU Sai Venkatakrishnan saidesertrose2004 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 10:20:57 PDT 2007

Hi,
I have been using twill for sometime for a website monitoring project and it
has been working fine for checking all the internal websites and return me
the status. What I do is basically write a twill script to check the
websites performing a few actions and check for code 200 every stage.

But there was a requirement to check a site outside our company network.
Since there was a proxy server I set the http_proxy environment variable
using the script

import os
os.environ['http_proxy'] = 'http://local.proxy:80'

This enables twill to direct the request to the proxy server but the proxy
is not allowing twill without the authentication. I am not sure why the
doamin authentication is not taken by default.

I have also tried the syntax 'username:password:proxyhost:proxyport' but
this gives me the same problem.

Has anyone successfully worked with twill across a proxy server and has a
solution for this authentication issue?

Thank you.

Regards,
Sai