[twill] testing a page that returns a 50X error code

Jordan Baker jbb at scryent.com
Tue May 1 07:55:59 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

Trying to use twill to test a page that returns an HTML page with a 503
response code.

Here's my twill code:

   go http://server/page_returns_error
   code 503
   notfind "some string"

It seems that urrllib2 is returning an HTTPError even though a fully
formed HTML page was generated and is visible via a regular browser.

I started to poke around a bit and it seems that it might be possible to
get around this by providing your own opener to urllib2 but I thought
I'd check this list first to see if anyone had suggestions.

Cheers,

-jordan.