[twill] Problem with multiple forms

Samuel Iseli - Vertec AG samuel.iseli at vertec.ch
Mon Mar 19 04:05:45 PDT 2007

I found out what caused the problem with submitting the form:

there were inputs on the page that were not part of a form (in HTML). it
seems that twill created a form 'on the fly' as the inputs are displayed as
part of a form by twill's showforms command. This seems to confuse the form
handling so that the last clicked form is not remembered for submit.

commenting out the 'lonely' inputs solved the problem.

I think it's not really good practice to have inputs without a form. but
most browsers seem to accept it and htmltidy didn't complain neither...

Cheers

Samuel