[twill] Global Forms

Matt Singer matt at finaldraftbooks.com
Sun Mar 4 16:08:58 PST 2007

I usually ask questions that end up being my own stupidity, but...

The scenario is that I go to this page on Amazon and the first part of
showforms() gives this....

Form #0
## ## __Name__________________ __Type___ __ID________
__Value__________________
1     GIO_SERIALIZED_HIDDE ... hidden    (None)
BnpOfQFcmPC/8C+zojtZ7n86zn
yWHLswEkPj ...
2     category                 hidden    (None)
3     newCategory              hidden    (None)
4     itemType                 hidden    (None)
5     todo                     hidden    (None)
6     productType              hidden    (None)
7     isPopUp                  hidden    (None)
8     origCategory             hidden    (None)
9     origItemType             hidden    (None)
10    startEditInPopUp         hidden    (None)

Now when I go to this page in a browser this contains the info for the next
POST (viewing on ieinspector)

If I try and do

formvalue(0, "newCategory", "thecategory")

I get an exception in mechanize that it cant find the form.  Tracing it, it
appears to be because this is the "global_form" and clicked() in browser.py
does not look at this.  Is there a way to do that that I'm doing
incorrectly?

Thanks