[twill] Bug in FakeResponse

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Jun 26 13:17:52 PDT 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Jacob Hallén wrote:

> The problem is with copy.copy(response), where rsponse is a FakeResponse
> object from twill.

Titus: not sure what you're using this FakeResponse for, but I strongly
advise against its continuing to exist.  The mechanize code here is
horrible and obscure bugs lurk for anybody who tries to use a
response-like object that is not one of the objects returned by mechanize
itself.  Does mechanize.make_response do what you need?

(Of course I want to fix this in mechanize, but after the forever-receding
stable release.  Dare I say that the next release looks like it will be
marked stable?  no, better not...)

John