[twill] included packages name change

Robert Marianski rmarianski at openplans.org
Mon Jul 2 08:07:57 PDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 04:10:31PM -0700, Titus Brown wrote:
> Folks,
>
> at the request of some Debian packageers, I've changed things so that
> the versions of mechanize and ClientForm included with twill are
> available as
>
> 	_mechanize_dist
>
> and
>
> 	_mechanize_dist.ClientForm
>
> I hope this won't break too many people's code... I simply went through
> and replaced

> with

> and

> with

> Please let me know if this causes you any problems beyond the simple
> renaming...
>
> cheers,
> --titus

Not sure if this is related, but I can no longer easy_install the latest
version of twill.

$ easy_install -f http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/ twill
Searching for twill
Reading http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/
Best match: twill latest
Downloading http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/twill-latest.tar.gz
Processing twill-latest.tar.gz
Running twill-latest/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
/tmp/easy_install-eLdqY1/twill-latest/egg-dist-tmp-B7qJ7t
error: Setup script exited with error: package directory
'twill/other_packages/mechanize' does not exist

The cheeseshop version for me works fine though.

Robert