[twill] any outstanding issues?

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Jan 29 22:22:53 PST 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:48:08AM -0800, bruce wrote:
->
-> The only problem I've had using twill is a lack of conditional expression.
-> I'd love to have if/then/else controls inside twill scripts.  (Perhaps
-> there's an obvious way to add this with user defined functions, but I
-> haven't thought of it).

Hi, Bruce,

I think such features would complicate matters dramatically ;).  Python
is pretty available to twill, and twill's library functions are pretty
available to Python, so apart from the twill-fork problem you mentioned
I don't think there's a strong reason to invent yet another language!

The strongest "theoretical" reason against making the twill language
more complex is that once you have ifs, thens, fors, and whiles in your
test scripts, you have to test your test scripts.  Thar be dragons.

cheers,