[twill] any outstanding issues?

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Jan 29 10:02:48 PST 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 04:20:50PM +0000, John J Lee wrote:
-> On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Titus Brown wrote:
->
-> > Hi folks,
-> >
-> > I've finally caught up on some of the problems with twill that people
-> > have raised over the last few months.  I still have some left in my
-> > inbox, and I'll be working on them over the next week; are there any
-> > pressing issues that people have that particularly need to be addressed?
-> > If you indicate that you're still alive I am more likely to work on your
-> > problem sooner ;).
->
-> Only a massive 1000+ line patch to mechanize that I have not yet split up
-> and applied (affects browser history), plus a remaining bug that I don't
-> think affects twill but is blocking my commits, the correct fix for which
-> is tricky.

OK, well, let me know ;).

-> Depressing after so long in alpha/beta!  Serves me right for not enough
-> functional testing and not eating my own dogfood recently (as well as some
-> bad decisions)!  Ironic given the use to which you are putting it.
->
-> I *hope* to finally get everything committed by the end of the coming
-> weekend.
->
-> Belated new years resolution: more functional testing / dogfood eating
-> (already started on that)...

Let me know what I can do to help.  I'm putting up a continuous
integration server for twill, to run the tests on Windows, Linux, and
OS X; I plan to put the mechanize/Clientform tests in there too.

-> PS congrats on your new job!

Thanks!