[twill] testing forms with twill

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Aug 2 11:57:20 PDT 2007

Hi, Pam,

this clearly seems like a bug in mechanize/twill.  I'll look into it
this weekend.

best,
--titus

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 01:55:04PM -0500, Pam Zerbinos wrote:
-> Hi all,
-> I'm trying to use twill to test a site that has a huge application form on
-> it. It's not working particularly well, and I believe I've figured out why.
-> I'm just not sure what to do about it.
->
-> Let's say you need to select your state from a drop-down menu. The html
-> looks like this:
->
->     <select id="business_mailing_state" name="business[mailing_state]">
->         <option value=""></option>
->         <option value="AK">Alaska</option>
->         <option value="AL">Alabama</option>
->         <option value="AR">Arkansas</option>
->     </select>
->
-> I'm trying to submit the form with no values selected, so I can test the
-> form errors. However, twill doesn't seem to recognize that first empty
-> option. If you look at the site in a browser, the drop-down menu is
-> initially a blank box. In twill, however, it skips the blank box and shows
-> you the first populated option: