[twill] Temporary Failure in Name Resolution

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Tue Apr 10 11:15:29 PDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 12:10:56PM -0400, Chris Abraham wrote:
-> I've run into a problem with twill that has already been talked about on
-> this list here:
-> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.twill/646/
->
-> I get the same behavior in various different tests, that is, in a long
-> test, after a certain length of time, twill consistently fails with:
-> Error message: '<urlopen error (-3, 'Temporary failure in name
-> resolution')>'
->
-> Has anyone found a resolution to this problem?  I'm using twill version
-> 0.9b1, and Python 2.4.3.

Hey Chris,

John Lee pointed me to a patch he submitted to Python,

	http://python.org/sf/1627441

It was applied to 2.5 in January.  I realize this is a lot to ask,
but... could you try running using the latest Python svn?

I can also send you a hacked version of twill that contains the updated
files for Python 2.5, so all you'd have to do is switch to using 2.5.
That's probably easier, eh?

cheers,