[twill] question about twill's functionality

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Oct 23 13:38:32 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 01:26:40PM -0700, Xiangyi Meng wrote:
-> Dear Sir or Madam,
->
-> I am wondering whether twill could recognize the authentication code on a
-> web page. My research needs some shipment cost between any two counties in
-> China. A company www.website-export.com provides this information: I just
-> need to input counties' zip code, the web will return the cost to me. But
-> each request needs an authentication code (numbers within an image) and I
-> need to make about 12000
-> requests to get the info I need. So I am wondering whether twill could
-> help me with this. As long as I don't reflesh the web page (i.e., after
-> one request, just click "back" button to make a new request), the
-> authentication code won't change.

Hi, Xiangyi,

If the Web site is silly enough to let you make multiple requests with a
single authentication code (are you *sure*??) then this should be easy
to do.  All you'll have to do is enter the auth code manually once, and
then use 'back' to go back to it.

cheers,