[twill] Updated twill-latest to latest mechanize & ClientForm

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Oct 19 00:13:16 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

I've just integrated the latest mechanize and ClientForm code into
twill; this is something I do periodically, so that I can keep up
with John Lee's fixes to mechanize while retaining some of my
twill-specific patches to mechanize.

The only major dissonance now is that mechanize packages BeautifulSoup
2.0.  There was some discussion on this list about (a) switching to
BeautifulSoup 3.0 (which I did) and (b) renaming it to something like
TwillBeautifulSoup so that it didn't interfere with system installs of
BeautifulSoup.  Should I do both of these again?

I don't mind integrating BS 3.0, but it does put me in the odd position
of patching over the BS 2.0 that's now included with mechanize.  I
thought I'd just make this comment and see if anyone had any more
intelligent thoughts ;).

cheers,