[twill] Origin of twill

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Oct 9 13:44:50 PDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 05:13:41PM +0100, Andy Chambers wrote:
-> Hi titus,
->
-> I've just discovered twill this afternoon and replaced my existing
-> test suite with twill scripts.  I particularly like that you can
-> test both remote and local servers with twill.  This was a limitation
-> of my current paste scripts which didn't look easy to fix.
->
-> The scripting language itself is pretty intuitive too.  There were
-> quite a few test cases that "just worked" first time without having
-> to check the docs to see what I was doing wrong.

Glad to hear it!

-> I see from the home page that you've recieved kudos from some pretty
-> high profile devs so I hope you don't mind me tossing my not so high
-> profile thoughts to the list.

Not at all ;).  Now if I could just get back to working on twill, after
my defense & trips...

-> So anyway, onto the subject of my email, does twill stand for something?
-> I couldn't find an about page and a quick search through the mailing
-> list archives didn't reveal anything.

Nope.  Free association.  I think I got there from tweed, but I'm not
sure how I got to tweed.