[twill] "No module name mechanize" error when trying to run twill

Stuart Holcombe sholcombe at labtracker.com
Wed Nov 29 15:12:46 PST 2006

All,

Probably a newbie problem.  I installed twill using "easy_install twill" on
windows running Python 2.5 and now get the following error when trying to
launch twill (via import twill.shell and twill.shell.main() from the Python
prompt).  I get the same error when using twill-sh.

>>> import twill.shell

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

  File "c:\program files\python25\lib\site-packages\twill\__init__.py", line
52, in <module> from shell import TwillCommandLoop

  File "c:\program files\python25\lib\site-packages\twill\shell.py", line 9,
in <module> from twill import commands, parse, __version__

  File "c:\program files\python25\lib\site-packages\twill\commands.py", line
62, in <module> from browser import TwillBrowser

  File "c:\program files\python25\lib\site-packages\twill\browser.py", line
15, in <module> import mechanize, ClientCookie, ClientForm

ImportError: No module named mechanize

Any help will be appreciated.

Stuart Holcombe, Software Engineer

Web Division