[twill] Twill shell can't find pp_get_title?

Ramon Felciano felciano at ingenuity.com
Sat Nov 4 13:21:06 PST 2006

I'm not sure that's necessary, and might confuse the issue. I think your approach is probably the right one (keep trying to get the fixes integrated with mainline mechanize). However, I would suggest that you flag your version internally somehow (e.g. a custom version number), and perhaps have twill check for that in order to spit out

That said, I think I found the problem. In the twill __init__.py file you change the module look up path:

extensions = os.path.join(thisdir, 'extensions/')

That trailing slash is a problem on platforms that don't use *nix file conventions (notably Windows). I stripped the trailing slashes out for the extensions and other_packages directory lines, and everything works fine.

HTH,

Ramon