[twill] Twill shell can't find pp_get_title?

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Nov 3 10:00:03 PST 2006

-> I'm having difficulty running twill on a fresh Python 2.5 install. I'm
-> getting stack trace below. There was a message last month about this,
-> and Titus suggested it was due to an outdated version of mechanize.
-> However, this is a clean install and I explicitly downloaded and
-> installed the latest mechanize (mechanize-0.1.5b-py2.5.egg) from
-> http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/.
->
-> FWIW, if I import mechanize and do dir(mechanize), I don't see a
-> pp_get_title...
->
-> Any suggestions?

Uninstall mechanize ;).  Or upgrade to the latest version of twill.

The problem is caused by a mismatch between the version of mechanize
that twill expects (which is included with twill) and the version of
mechanize that twill gets when it does an 'import'.  The versions are
seriously mismatched for twill-0.8.6 and mechanize latest, but
twill latest expects the latest version of mechanize.

I realize this is an insane situation and I will try to figure out how
to deal with it ;)

cheers,