[twill] SSL client certificates (was Re: Twill question)

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sat May 27 15:25:55 PDT 2006

I always forget something.

First, to copy wwwsearch-general list.

Second, wanted to mention here explicitly -- partly for my own record --
that it seems browsers can sometimes automatically pick the right
certificate by looking in the "Issuer" field in the certificate (which
often contains a URL or host name, I gather).  mechanize doesn't support
that: you must tell it which certificate is to be used for which URL.  So
that's another nice-to-have that would require work to _ssl.c, or similar.
Yet another is being able to use .p12 certs without conversion, of course
(p12 is the standard format used by browsers).

John