[twill] Twill question

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Fri May 26 11:31:46 PDT 2006

On Fri, 26 May 2006, Titus Brown wrote:

> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 10:27:27AM -0700, Wayne Wang wrote:
> -> Great python for web testing. Wonder if it can handle https web sites, and if not how to add it in? especially if the web site uses certificates .
>
> hi, Wayne,
>
> twill works fine with most HTTPS sites.  If by "certificates" you mean
> client-side SSL certificates, they aren't supported by the twill
> interface, but I think they're supported by mechanize (upon which twill
> is built).  It would be fairly easy to add that to the twill interface.
>
> I've never used them myself, so I wouldn't know where to start, though!

Wayne, if this was what you wanted (client certificates) and you offer to
test it, I'll add support to mechanize.

But do you want *client* certificates (for proving to server that you're
who you claim to be) or *server* certificates (for when the server wants
to prove to you that it's the server it claims to be)?

John