[twill] Twill question

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri May 26 11:27:04 PDT 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 06:20:05PM +0000, John J Lee wrote:
-> On Fri, 26 May 2006, Titus Brown wrote:
-> [...]
-> > twill works fine with most HTTPS sites.  If by "certificates" you mean
-> > client-side SSL certificates, they aren't supported by the twill
-> > interface, but I think they're supported by mechanize (upon which twill
-> > is built).  It would be fairly easy to add that to the twill interface.
->
-> Not AFAIK -- urllib2 doesn't have any support for client certs.  urllib
-> (which mechanize *doesn't* use claims to have support, but I've never
-> tested it (see x509 argument to URLOpener constructor).  Shouldn't be hard
-> to add to mechanize and/or urllib2...
->
-> Python's SSL code does no server certificate verification, so neither does
-> mechanize.

Oops, you're right!  A well-crafted google search turns up this post to
the twill list (!) last September:

http://lists.idyll.org/pipermail/twill/2005-September/000017.html

It seems like 'httplib' supports it, and so the trick would be to get
the information from twill through mechanize to httplib.  I doubt it
would be that tough.

cheers,
--titus