[twill] Twill question

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Fri May 26 11:20:05 PDT 2006

On Fri, 26 May 2006, Titus Brown wrote:
[...]
> twill works fine with most HTTPS sites.  If by "certificates" you mean
> client-side SSL certificates, they aren't supported by the twill
> interface, but I think they're supported by mechanize (upon which twill
> is built).  It would be fairly easy to add that to the twill interface.

Not AFAIK -- urllib2 doesn't have any support for client certs.  urllib
(which mechanize *doesn't* use claims to have support, but I've never
tested it (see x509 argument to URLOpener constructor).  Shouldn't be hard
to add to mechanize and/or urllib2...

Python's SSL code does no server certificate verification, so neither does
mechanize.

John